ground above DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have renovated 90% of our house over the last 2 years (I'm not a tradesman though) most of the stuff I've been OK on and done but the last room we have to do has got damp in it and I'm a bit out my depth.

The external wall has next doors drive running along side it, up hill. It starts 50cm below the damp coarse but over the length of the wall it rises to 100cm above the damp coarse. Now the plaster is showing damp rising up. Part of the effected area is tiled and im dreading taking them off (if they don't just fall off).

My question is.. is there any way to damp proof the wall without asking the neighbour to dig up his drive (won't happen) or me knocking the wall down to rebuild with higher damp coarse?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
There's obviously no point in trying to install a dpc, so you'd need to hack all the plaster off, render the wall with a washed sand and cement mix a renderproof additive, then plaster in about 6 months.

Sponsored Links
1. Is your wall rendered?
2. Do you have cavity insulation or is the wall solid?
3. Is the floor solid or suspended?
4. Remove all the tile and check how far up the plastered wall the damp tide mark is?
5. Post pics of inside & outside the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back