ground drainage - geocomposite?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I know there have been a few threads on french drains etc but this is a slightly different question.

On paving expert he mentions the use of "fin drains" instead of geotextile wrapping round pipe and gravel approach for below ground drainage ( ie: not surface)

I have seen examples of this using ie: Terram Geotextile on the industrial infrastructure scale but not found anywhere that supplies it for domestic/ private use? Has anyone ever used this before?

The land drain i'm planning is 30m long so a drain 250mm wide and say 900mm high means something like 9-10 tonnes of gravel- @ £30 a tonne from my local quarry thats an expensive hole in the ground!!

Also they only supply washed limestone whhich apparrently is not the ideal choice of stone for ground drain/french drain.

Any thoguhts much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Do you need to back fill flush to ground level with gravel? Could you not backfill for about 300mm and then bring to ground level by back filling the remainder with some of the soil you excavated?

That would save on gravel, and the amount of surplus soil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back