Ground level for rebuilt garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi long time since post.
Is ground level from neighbours side or mine.
Ground slope across gardens making about 250mm difference.

The story behind asking.
New Neighbour has knocked down old garage and rebuilt it bigger however its almost on the boundary line as previousI but I no issue with that or the area of garage. Other than now looking at a white breeze block wall. Not finished?? We just see more of it as it sloped behind our sheds previously.

Currently they are up to 10 bright white light blocks high and one engineering at their ground level I know they can build up to 2.5m. They have stopped blocking but not put roof on so either way I'm hoping they have finished with the block work. Hence asking if they stick they flat roof on top now realllllllly pushing limits.
Not seen them to ask as they haven't actually moved in yet and judging by the standard of the work not sure the builder would understand rules

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230711_183548_Annke Vision.jpg
    Screenshot_20230711_183548_Annke Vision.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 86
Sponsored Links
Building height is determined from the highest spot of the adjacent natural ground level.
So if their garden is 250mm higher than yours where the garage starts then you'll be looking at a maximum height of 2750 relative to your garden (assuming it is PD)

Sponsored Links
Building height is determined from the highest spot of the adjacent natural ground level.
So if their garden is 250mm higher than yours where the garage starts then you'll be looking at a maximum height of 2750 relative to your garden (assuming it is PD)
Cheers makes sense.
Hopefully the flat roof goes on now as even that is a push for hieght as on their side at 2350. Def under PD no plan etc put in

1000031925.jpg
Now at 2500mm from top of slab and seen hide nor hair of builder or owners grrr

All good now lol.
Does measure just shy of 2450mm from slab to timber on top. But the joist are hanging rather than on the top as I was expecting.
But did have a chat with him about us covering it up with us paying etc. The wife show him how poor it looked then offered to pay for trellis to cover it up.
So both side happy.
Neither of us didn't want to upset new neighbour lol

Presumably it's being rendered or clad, and the same will be done on your side (otherwise it'll **** water in), offer to give them plenty of access - behind your shed and fence panel so you get a nice job.

I don't see any piers either, ought to have made that wall thicker between the side door and window, and another pier in the middle of the other wall (along you boundary - I bet there isn't one), I would have thickened up the jambs either side of the garage door opening and possibly also needed another pier in the centre of the end wall. Heyho. Just because it's exempt from Building Control Approval does not make it exempt from complying the regs.

It's shocking work are they doing it DIY?
Lightweight blocks are normally only used internally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back