Ground source heat pumps

Wasn't it Mitsubishi (cars) that got into trouble in Japan a couple of years ago for under-reporting warranty claims??

Sponsored Links
Viessmann give 5yrs on their boilers. But then so do Potterton, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Ecodan is warranted longer than Viessmann heat pumps if professionally installed.

I agree that Mitsubishi have a vested interest, but there is the Trades Descriptions Act in the UK. In my experience I have found Mistsubishi Heat Systems to be a very well run and diligent operation.

It is your right and privilege to be sceptical; but it does not necessarily imply you are correct.

Interesting point made on the French TV channel which I was watching for comment and debate on the Airbus A300-200 crash.

The one topic that Boeing and Airbus do not ever publically compete on is the safety of their planes. That in many cases translates into reliability.

Interestingly, whilst we at the sharp end of the industry get an insight into boiler reliability none of the manufacturers ever try to advertise it.

Tony

reliability is measured in fatigue by airframe hours not how many fall from the sky,s.

those in this recent air incident have been unlucky as lighting strikes rarely cause aircrashes,yes they cause massive damage generally with small entry holes around the fuselage and massive exit points at wing tips and tail ends.

Sponsored Links
hi if your thinking of installing a ground source heat pump i've got one installed working on rads now i've found out now it works much better with under floor heating and the necessary insulation as my house is an older property without today’s insulation, we cannot make the house as warm as we would like it without a massive electric bill we are thinking of changing back to a oil boiler. we are looking to sell the ground source heat pump it's a 7kw worcester bosch greenline we've had it fitted for 9 months now, all the pressure vessels and pumps come with it. all that would be needed is the ground loop pipe and taps. If your interested in buying one why not get in touch with us?

You must be nuts

stick with it until it works.

Perhaps put ufh into your main family room and the bathroom, heat those with it gshp. Seperate off rads and add your alternative fuel to that system.

When you want to save the planet live in the family room and wear nightclothes.

When you don't fire up the radiators with trv's all round.

Obviously lining your walls with kingspan is best thing for the plant but not for your space or decor.

You have to chose where your priorities lie.

belive me I have tried everything to make this heat pump work for us.
oversized radiators, celtex Insulation in roof. It costs a fortune to Install and run. We were told it was cheap heating once it was Installed but its more expensive than our old oil boiler and not as warm its more of a background heat than central heating. We had to Install more rads. to run on a oil boiler when it was very cold to make the house warm. Have you had any experience of a heat pump or know any one who's happy with the radiator system? Iwould like to hear from anyone who has.

Has it been installed correctly would be the first quetion.

After that you would need to get all technical.

Output of the heap pump, length and size of loops.

Refrigerant used and the solution.

Plant room details.

everything, including what temperature you were getting the water up to.

You can email it if you prefer.

taplin you should engage with dia in emails on this issue he has commercial experience but has no personal interests so instead of the folk who sold you what you have who clearly neither knew what they were doing n'or cared about more than making money.

But don't give up. you have some structures which can be incorporated in a solution. Unless your ground is in permafrost. Then yopu'll have to sell the ground pump and buy an air source or move.

Your probably using massive electric cause the aux heaters are constantly running and the weather curve is possably not correct. The programming allows for biasing heat and water is yours set for more heating on time than hot water time.

Unit size is also important with regards to output.

were you told you would be lucky to get above 20degc in your rooms from GSHP and radiator setups?

GSHP and ASHP give a totally differnt feel of heat to any living enviroment it is no where near as warm or in my opinion over haeted as radiators.

oversizing rads just isnt effective in my experience because the unit just wont produce the heat,radiators lose the heat too quick and the air in the room is hard to heat from a small area such as a radiator which is why UFH is the better option,large slab holding massive heat albeit low temo warming room.

A buffer could help the GSHP warms a store which then feeds the radiators ,its easier to warm the store to a higher temp than the radiators as the heat loss is less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back