Grout colour advise

M

marsaday

I have a white marble kitchen floor in a random style. i grouted the floor a year ago in white and it has discoloured very badly.

So i am going to remove the grout some time and redo it all. i wondered what would be a good colour to go for which will not show up the dirt too much?

i have seen a sandy/yellowish grout which may be ok, but wondered about greys ?

any ideas appreciated and i think i will do some testing before hand.

Sponsored Links
Never use white grout on a floor (particularly a kitchen floor) for reasons you have now discovered. Grey goes with practically anything & is by far the most popular choice. Also use a quality trade product, not the chepo DIY shed stuff.

limestone looks good with white marble.

not too bad to keep clean too

What about grout from al murad? are they classed as rubbish ?

Sponsored Links
Never heard of it so did a Google :confused: ; Al Murad seems to be a retail chain as far as I can see so, presumably, they stock several ranging from cheap rubbish to high quality I would think but they don’t seem to have any sort of on-line shop.

Personally I use BAL but Mapei, Weber, Granfix are also good to name just a few.

as its marble tiles you have down.
i would advise a grout from mapei or weber that doesnt have a course sand in it..as you may pick one that has and if not mixed properly you may scratch your marble tiles..

look on their web pages for more info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back