Grout colour for brown tiles

Bon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Will be tiling the kitchen floor soon and have got some nice "espresso" (brown) colour tiles.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for what colour grout to use. I've read that lighter grouts high-light the style of the tile itself whereas darker grouts enhance the pattern more. The tiles are flat, uniform in colour and 300 x 300mm

I've found that Mapei do a brown grout, but think this may be a little boring looking.

I suppose it comes down to personal taste, but was just wondering if anyone wanted to share theirs!!

Thanks in advance for any advice !

Sponsored Links
Decided on Mapei "Anthracite" in the end, but got a call from the supplier this morning and they don't have it in stock!

Maybe its an omen?

Sponsored Links
Cheers gcol, but that's where I ordered it from!

I got a call saying they only had one bag in (I'll probably need just more than 1 bag) and it could be up to 2 weeks before they get any more in so decided to leave it as I'd rather get all the grout at once.

Have you called the local tile shops? Mapei isn't that hard to come by - or have you given up looking so that you can have the bank holiday weekend off?! :LOL:

Ha, ha I wish!

Don't actually need it until Monday so will be having a look for it today.

Will be cleaning and prepping the kitchen floor today, then tiling it tomorrow then the father-in-law is grouting it on Monday after he's put lining paper up in our spare room on Sunday (I don't mind tiling, but hate grouting and he's the exact opposite!).

we used Mapei Chocolato for some brown tiles - looks excellent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back