Grout drying on the edges of tiles - any way to remove?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an annoying problem. I've grouted the new bathroom and in many areas I've obviously not done something right.

It seems the sponge has taken some grout and left residue on the edges of the tiles.

It's not like the haze, a microfibre doesn't touch it but it's also not particularly raised.

I'm probably just going to have to grin and bear it as white vinegar, scotch brite pads and even wet and dry paper don't do much. Actually the wet and dry does work but they're probably not a good idea on the glaze of the ceramic tile.

Any other solutions? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Methylated spirit on a white cloth, a coloured cloth might stain the grout.

Thanks, I currently have shades of green and blue haha.

Sponsored Links
:cry: oh dear I guess that's the colour of the Microfibre cloth! I meant to add that the best stuff to use is Terry toweling, an old white face flannel or towel, it has a similar surface to microfibre and works really well with the methylated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back