grout or silicone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We tiles the floor (concrete) in the downstairs toilet. The walls are painted brick masonry. I am going to grout the floor this weekend. Shall I grout the joints between the walls and the floor or seal with silicone?

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
I would grout right up to the wall but if not fitting skirting, run a bead of clear silicone around the joint when all dry.

I agree with richard, but if fixing skirting also run a clear silicone around bottom of skirting, this will prevent any water i.e after moping from getting under the skirting and eventualy rotting the wood.

If it was a bathroom would silicone top of skirting as well, to stop condensation running down wall and getting behind the skirting with same outcome.

Raver

Sponsored Links
Thanks Raver! There are no skirting boards in the toilet (uneven rustic looking brick walls) or in the bathroom (tiled floor to ceiling) but I'll keep this in mind if we decide to tile the kitchen floor.[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back