Grout Protector?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We are going to tile our Kitchen \ inner floor,have ordered the tiles and they asked if we want Grout protector, its £15, so not a fortune, but does it work do I need it.
The salesman said that it protects the Grout for dirt, discolouration etc,does it?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It will be grey after a couple of months no matter how hard you try to keep it clean ;)

I guess white is not the best for kitchen, but as they tiles are white \ grey, the white grout should look better.

So, are we saying that the Grout Protector is a waste of money?

Thanks

Steve

You can get different colours,if your tiles are grey/white then maybe a lighter grey.IMO white is not a great colour for any floor,even on walls it gets grubby.

Grout protector isn't bad,as you say it's only £15.Really depends on you,had white on my own floor once and would never do it again. ;)

We had planned to get the Grout from wickes, and I thing they only do white & Grey and there Grey is quite dark, might have a look at other places for Grout in different colours, but I think the Mrs was fairy set on White.

But thanks for all the replies.

Steve

I used white grout on my bathroom floor which is black slate. Looked good to start with. The salesman at Topps sold my wife the grout protector. It hasn't really worked and now she wants me to regrout in grey. I'll never use white again.

I used white grout on my bathroom floor which is black slate. Looked good to start with. The salesman at Topps sold my wife the grout protector. It hasn't really worked and now she wants me to regrout in grey. I'll never use white again.

Its Topps that was trying to sell us the Grout protector,that is where we are going to get the tiles from.So I think I will give it a miss and see what other colours are available, i guess light grey might be OK,any idea where I might get a good selection of colours, i think Topps had some, will need to re-visit with Mrs.

Thanks to all for all the help and info. :D

Steve

As I am tiling floor, i am told I need wide joint grout.
The tiles are 300 x 300 and the floor area is 20m,how much grout will I need.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for that.
Will look at Grey, other options might include Ivory.
might be inclined to get it from Wickes if I can, have used wickes before and has been fine, if not I will se if I can get the Grout that the link takes me to locally, save on the P&P.

Thanks for all your help, Much appreciated :D

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back