Grout sealant / protector for my kitchen floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just tiled my kitchen and conservatory floors, the grouting is beige and I now realise I need to seal it. Can anyone give me advice on Topps Tiles Grout protector or Sealguard? Which is best? Will it darken the grout? Any other suggestions? I don't have much choice of shops where we live - its either Topps, B&Q or the internet. Would appreciate your advice.

Sponsored Links
Regarding grout protector, SEALGUARD is an excellent product, but is quite expensive £25 ?? Normally comes in a large spray cannister and so is very easy to apply. The manufacturer even says you do not need to wipe off the residue on the tiles but I normally do !
Topps may also sell HG supergrout protector (homebase have been known to ) THis you brush on with a thin water colour paint brush, but you must wipe off residue from adjoining tiles. About half the price at around £12.50
Never tries topps grout seal & personally I do not intend to. Also avoid like the plague any aftercare product from B&Q.Sealguard & HG are both 'invisible' seals. May darken temporarily while applying, but will dry back to current shade. Hope this helps
ps LTP also do a good grout protector Tile Giant or Topps might do it.

Many thanks for your advice Warehouseman, I think I may order the Sealguard on the internet as I've rung around and the others don't seem to seem to be available locally except for Topps grout protector. Can you tell me why you don't intend to try that?? Has it got a bad reputation or something?

Sponsored Links
Re my reason for not using Topps 'in house' products generally ; I liken it to the comparing of 'value' baked beans in Tesco rather than 'heinz' baked beans !!! Own brand products are OK but are inevitably inferior --- hence the price differential. You get what you pay for !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back