Grout Sealer/Protector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just grouted my bathroom, I want to apply some grout sealer/protector to the grout joints just in the shower cubicle area.

I haven’t used any before, please can someone recommend a brand/type and if its best to spray it on or paint it on?

Guessing spray, you would have to tape off the joints to not get it on the tiles?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, just wondered if anyone can recommend a good brand?

Many thanks

I had the same question and also asked on a pro tiling forum and never got much in the way of a reply except "any will work well" so I looked on amazone as at least you can read the reviews in the end I got Larsen Stone & Grout Protector based on the reviews.
I have used other protector in the past from tops tiles in a small tin and seemed to work well. They sell something different now in a hand spray but I was just going to unscrew it and put on with a brush. Seems a lot of wastage in the spray can ones.

Many thanks aveatry, will go for Larsen Stone & Grout Protector. cheers, just good to go for something someone has tried and tested, cheers.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks aveatry, will go for Larsen Stone & Grout Protector. cheers, just good to go for something someone has tried and tested, cheers.
Sorry i have not got around to using it yet but I have brought it though

I knew the other stuff I had worked because i tried to add a second coat and it would not take, the first coat made the grout darker when it was wet but dried back to normal but then when i tried to add a second coat the grout stayed the same.

Maybe I should go for the topps tiles one but can see many reviews?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back