grouting on natural stone tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI ALL

can someone help ?

have a some natuarl stone tiles to tile on to a hearth and am wondering about the grouting
I am worried about spreading the grout about as you would normaly and then not being able to clean it off the tiles as they are very porus and not glossy etc

any advice please

Sponsored Links
You need to seal the tiles once you have laid them before doing the grout. After you have grouted, clean the tiles and seal them a second time.

cheers

should i spread it over with grout float like i would on any other tile , or do i try to avoid over spreading and more joint the gaps ?

As your stone tiles are very porus, it may be wise to keep them as clean as you can during grouting. Make sure you apply the first coat of sealant very liberally just to make your job of cleaning them that much easier.

Sponsored Links
roger that :D

may use some low tack tape to prevent excessive grout over

thanks

no problem.

thats not a bad idea. the last time I did this I used a small squeegee instead of a float and in addition I cleaned off as much unwanted grout as I could whilst it was wet. good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back