Grouting Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , Ive just laid a porcelain tiled floor in my bathroom , and am currently tiling the walls - again porcelain . The floor looks fine , - apart from the grout . I used a light grey flexible grout made by Ultra .
The problem is , although , Im pretty sure I mixed it right , the colour is inconsistent - light and dark areas . also , though its claimed to be water repellant , if water is spilled onto it , it turns darker , which says to me , its absorbing the water . I spoke to the guy in the shop , and he reckons the problems can only be from the mixing .
I need to decide on a coarse of action before grouting the walls . so far , Ive considered , scratching out the grout and starting again ( this time I`ll try a test area , where it wont be seen (hindsight !"!!) , sealing the floor grout , painting it , or buying a different make .
Any suggestions would be much appreciated - Ive spent months doing my bathroom up , and dont want to spoil it with what should be an easy job !! :(

Sponsored Links
What brand is the grout and what colour are you using?Grout will normally go darking if wet but should dry out
Is it water repellant or water resistant or water proof?

Hi ,
Its Ultra pro-flex sp grout . the spec says it can be used in swimming pools

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back