Haze on tiles not from grout - Photos included

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've posted on this forum before with this problem but yet to find a solution as of yet.

Recently had my bathroom done, floor tiles are Porcelanosa polished porcelain 60 x 60's

Tiler used an epoxy grout on the floor. In certain lights you can see a haze around at the edges of the tiles. General consensus was that this was grout Haze but im confident it isnt. On close inspection there appear to be tiny scratches to fine to feel by hand. I don't understand this given how hard porcelain is. Ive tried Aqua mix sealing and coating remover but with no improvement whatsoever

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be and how to rectify this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
did the fixer apply a penatration sealer BEFORE grouting..

you would wash the tiles proir to applying the sealer.the water then will slighty absorb into the tiles(very slightly)..then the sealer will then sit on the face off the tile and into any microsopic holes...so as the sealer can do its job...

there is "acid based" cleaner for this type off job....but cant remember the name off hand just now...but when using this type off cleaner YOU HAVE TO GET THE MIX RATIO correct...

the tiler was of the opinion that glazed/polished porcelain does not need sealed and no sealer was applied as far as im aware

glazed porkies ...dont need a sealer applied...but polished porkie do..(penetrating sealer)..

you have grout pigmentation mate...

were it feels like crazing/cracks on the face off the tile...

give Porcelanosa a call they will advise on best course of action..i.e acid based cleaner and the mix ratio...still canny think off the one i was on about in prev..post

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies.

For the record the tiles dont feel cracked or scratched at all - there is no difference in texture where the hazy areas are.

I dont know if this affects your opinion or not?

If it was grout pigmentation, would the aquamix solution I used not have removed it?

your fixer used an epoxy grout so this would have seeped into the microsopic holes,this is much a more harder wearing grout than normal cement based grout....i tend to use unsanded grout on polished porkies/granit/marble...

aquamix products..which i liked using are all water based products(good thing)...but for this imo you will need an acid based product for cleaning...

bowdown.gif

sorry eddie
been busy..yes that should do the trick or aquamix nanoscrub...

i know them tiles are high end from Porcelanosa...but did they come with a Transit Wax on them??....if so then nanoscrub.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back