Cleaning off Polished porcelain?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Ive just had my kitchen floor tiles in 2ft square polished porcelain tiles. They are from B&Q and are a Grey/Anthracite colour. The tilers has finished and there's still grout spots left over. There's also a 'Haze' look when you look at reflections in them.

I've bought some residue remover (Extra Strong) from Topps Tiles, but I'm scared of using it as it says on the tiles box not to use corrosive or abrasive cleaners!

I tried it on a small area at a very diluted rate and its not getting the haze or grout off!

Can anyone give any advice on this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 162
Sponsored Links
Any grout residue remover can affect dark polished porcelain. When they are made, the are nano-sealed with a pigmented wax. Acid based cleaners can break down the wax and pigment, destroying the tiles beyond repair.

Another product that will work is the LTP Power Stripper. This will slowly break down the residue without wrecking the tiles. Once cleaned, you may need to seal them again with LTP MPG Sealer just to be safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back