textured black porcelain tiles and residue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we've got some textured black porcelain tiles from topps called Qrock, grouted with grey. They've been on for a couple of years but have more a greyish appearance - not sure if old grout residue or the sheen from the tiles gone when grouting (the grey grout seemed coarser). Only just getting round to sorting!

I'm trying to clean them and used Fila Residue remover extra strong (about a 1:8 mix) and scrubbed with a scotchpad. The tiles look even greyer now, so not sure if scrubbed too hard (going to wash a couple of times to make sure all residue gone).

Anyhow, when the tiles are wet they come up really well and the black stands out. Is there any sort of sealer that i can use in a shower cubicle and basin splashback that will permanently give the wet look that can be used on textured porcelain (tiles are qrock from topps).

Cheers

John

Sponsored Links
They are likely to be covered in soap scum and the cement residue remover wont touch that.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, 2 yrs, other stuff come up like kids and other more important stuff like soundproofing. getting round to the odd jobs now!

I washed the walls with a diluted bleach mix thoroughly before.

Anyhow after using the Fila Residue remover a few times and scrubbing, the tiles look much better. Will give them a couple more goes going over.

Missus is a lot happier with them so that suits me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back