Grouting question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just finished tiling our bathroom with the small mozaic tiles but before I start grouting I have a quick question.

Whats the best way to grout without having to go along each row to smooth and even the grout lines out. Obviosuly I could spend the next 6 months doing so, but is there a simpler way that would make it easier.

I though about leaving the grout to start drying and then wiping over with a damp sponge? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Mix your grout as it say on the manufacturer instructions then work it into joints with a grout float, give it a little while then wipe grout from the joint with a damp sponge, rinse your sponge often to keep it clean. Don't worry about the slight grout smear on the tile that can be easily wipe off with a dry cloth when dried.

Sponsored Links
why not try caulk.goes on with no mess,dos'nt shrink,waterproof and can be wiped off.also can if need be ,be painted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back