GRP Flat Roof Construction - Temp Coverings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I am building a workshop in my garden project thread here.
The timber frame is nearly complete and will soon be fixed in place. The next step will be to get the Roof Joists on.

As I am doing this project in stages in between work / life, I would like to get the roof and sides on and waterproofed to help protect the wood and the inside of the structure but not have to undo anything when I get to finish it off.

Roof
The roof will be GRP so once the Joists are on with a drop from rear to front, I guess I need to fit the furrings and then OSB (18mm or 11mm?). As I wont be able to GRP this for a while I would like to temp waterproof. Looking at flat roof constructions, wether I go for a cold or warm roof, none of the ones I have seen have a waterproof / breathable membrane on top of the OSB / Ply so whatever I put on here would be temp and have to be removed before completing the roof - am I correct?

Walls
After much deliberation I am going to OSB or Ply on the inside, put Rock Wool between the Studs, cover with waterproof / breathable membrane (any recommendations of products) batten and then clad.
I have not decided on or sourced the cladding yet so if I build this up to waterproof covering stage would it be able to leave for a while?

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
I have just GRP-ed my garage roof and was told to use 18mm OSB. I was surprised how easy it was, you can watch videos on Youtube.

Andy

Sponsored Links
yep 18mm OSB no point scrimping. I would put the deck on and go straight onto the fibre glassing ASAP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back