Grp flat roof ponding - SLC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

Had an extension built last year, however discovered that due to ponding, the roof is getting green much and growth where the water is.

I believe the reason is the builders put in furring that are too short, 100mm to 0mm across 4 meters in a 5.5m roof. It was assumed the water would run down the slope and into the gutter, but of course some of that water isn’t getting into the gutter as there is a very slight incline at the edge.

The ponding is about 5-10mm. I tried to put more layers of GRP to raise it slightly, but the matting is so thin, I would probably need about 5 layers to fill this.

is there such thing as a roofing levelling compound in the UK that I can put down then GRP over that?

Sponsored Links
What sort of area are you looking at- car body filler should work (Upol, 5 ltr can about £25 last time i bought any). You'll be best topcoating whatever you use, grp is somewhat porous.

Its around 1 sqm and around 5mm to 10mm dip.

See pic, it’s that area where Where the brush is.

Let me check out car body filler

Attachments

• 57F2E51B-737F-4D4C-89B0-6AC8D398C45F.jpeg
    57F2E51B-737F-4D4C-89B0-6AC8D398C45F.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 445

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back