GRP roofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, we recently changed the flat alsphalt roof with GRP system. the builder used OSB 3 but not T and G. He also did not apply bandage inbetween the joints. However, he applied two times resin on top of laminate/mat and three times topcoat (he sanded every time he applied the coat). will it cause any problems in the future. what better to be done in order to prevent any problems?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for quick response. He applied resin. My concern mostly about bandage along Osb joints before laminating. As it was not t&g Osb.

It would of been best to as i normally do when i do similar jobs, but never done a roof yet. there is still a joint in either TnG or butt joint. how many laminations did he do? and what thickness?

Sponsored Links
He basically put Osb, then resin then matting ( no bandage ) then resin, when it dried he sand it , then applied resin again. Then when it dried sanded it applied topcoat. When topcoat was dry he sanded it and applied topcoat. Then sanded it when it dried and applied topcoat again.

never heard of that way to laminate, i could be wrong though, if you add enough resin to the base, then matt then roll in more resin that should do, not to let dry then add more resin, unless your late and the first lot sets then you need to add more matt.
Dont sound right but if it works and you have a guarantee for his work.

wait for more replies as i am not fully up on roofing in GRP.

hello, we recently changed the flat alsphalt roof with GRP system. the builder used OSB 3 but not T and G. He also did not apply bandage inbetween the joints. However, he applied two times resin on top of laminate/mat and three times topcoat (he sanded every time he applied the coat). will it cause any problems in the future. what better to be done in order to prevent any problems?
Yes it should of been bandaged and only one top coat

With OSB (non T & G) an expansion gap should be left, the purpose of the bandage is simply to stop the resin dripping through the expansion gap. It certainly sounds like he hasn't skimped on the number of coats, does it look like a tidy job?

Sponsored Links
Back