Grumpy Post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hate poor service.

I hate it even more when I am a driver of a fleet vehicle. Companies seem to care less: it;s as if because it's a fleet vehicle, you don't care for it as much as if it were your own, therefore they treat it with less care.

Let me explain.

I drive a work van. It needed servicing, and came back with the grill splashed with something corrosive that has taken the colour out of the plastic. The garage, strangely, know nothing about it and are denying liability.

Suppliers of goods to fleets seem to react the same way: they seem to think they can provide the ****tiest service and still expect to be paid full whack.

Recently, my van broke down. National were supposed to send me a hire van the next morning between 8 & 8.30.

At 0845 I gave up and a colleague picked me up and we started our day's work.

The van eventually arrived at my place something approaching 10am. When I got home, I noticed their promised full tank of diesel was actually 3/4. Then we I started the engine to move it, there was a loud metallic scraping noise from under the bonnet.

The hire firm claim it was full on arrival. They claim there was no loud noise from under the bonnet and claim they did not have enough notice to deliver by 0800. They were notified of the need for a van a 1500 the previous day.

There' nothing worse that getting awful service. Apart from getting awful service and paying a premium for it.

:evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
We needed a 3½ ton sided lorry just before Christmas on a lease, (3 months approx).
Eurocar said, "No problem, deliver it Sat morning and leave keys behind gate post as per instructions."
Monday morning we find a Vauxhall van outside work which was falling to bits and scratched to hell. Paperwork said no damage on delivery. Took 4 days for them to take it back, (it was parked in a corner of the car park for those 4 days), and they were to deliver a wagon as requested. Another van turned up. Not a bad drive after we got used to things like the wipers and window winders working the opposite way but not really useful for what we wanted.
Hire companies are the pits. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back