Grundfos Home Boster Pump

Sponsored Links
For what it's worth I don't think your allowed to install a booster pump going into a standard copper cylinder.

It's an unvented cylinder with stuff taken off. If the loop is 22mm it will not boost pressure much anyhow. It will give more flow than pressure. As the cylinder is vented there will be little problem using a good copper cylinder.

So it once was an unvented but you have converted it into a vented cylinder? ...... Ok, I won't ask as long as you don't tell..

Sponsored Links
For what it's worth I don't think your allowed to install a booster pump going into a standard copper cylinder.

It's an unvented cylinder with stuff taken off. If the loop is 22mm it will not boost pressure much anyhow. It will give more flow than pressure. As the cylinder is vented there will be little problem using a good copper cylinder.

So it once was an unvented but you have converted it into a vented cylinder? ...... Ok, I won't ask as long as you don't tell..

There is no need to ask as that was elf explanatory.

Update:

I fitted a secondary circulation loop. The pump was a Grundfos Home Booster, although I did consider the German pumps, less than £100 + VAT, from Pulsar. The loop is heavily insulated.

I fitted a infra-red PIR detector in the bathroom and a pipe stat on the return. It was easy as the wiring was in the loft as was the pump. The PIR is in the top corner and looks like an alarm sensor. The detector was directed at the bathroom wash basin. The pump is on the loop pumping into the cylinder, and only operates when someone is in the bathroom and if the loop is up to temperature the pipe stat cuts out the pump. It works a treat. Instant hot water at the bathroom taps. Very affordable. No constant drain of heat from the cylinder.

In time I may put a PIR in the downstairs toilet (more effort for wiring right now), as it is nice to have instant DHW all around. The loop right now covers all the DHW taps. Right now, unless someone is in the bathroom, the pump does not extract heat from the cylinder. The pump only runs when it needs to. If no one is in the house all day, the pump does not run. The loop stays hot for quite a long time with the insulation on the pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back