Grundfos UPS3 Remove Impeller from Pump Casing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Hopefully a simple question to answer from those experienced. On opening my Grundfos UPS3 pump, the impeller section seems to be firmly set in the body casing section of the pump. I wanted to see if I can remove it to fit a powerflush pump head to undertake powerflushing on the system at some time. There is a black seal over the impeller housing and I am unsure if that is what is holding the impeller section in the pump casing. Do I need to remove the seal to remove the impeller section first? I don't want to use force to pull it and end up distorting or damaging the seal. In the videos that I saw on youtube, the impeller section is retained along with the pump head and appeared to come off freely from the bottom casing section.

Could anyone advise?

Sponsored Links
Managed to dislodge the impeller in the end from the casing. Thank you. I have cleaned it all up now so good to go.

Sponsored Links
Yes, there is one installed on the hot water return side but not on the central heating side. I plan to get the powerflushing done and then follow up with installing a filter on the central heating return side as well. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back