Grundfos Watermill Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two years ago I intalled a Grundfos Danube STL-1.5C low voltage shower pump to replace a similar Watermill pump. The Watermill pump had worked happily for 12 years but I replaced it when it began to get noisy.

The Grundfos pump has started to play up. Sometimes it doesn't start so I am left with just gravity feed water from the shower. When this happens, a sharp tap on the side of the pump casing with a soft hammer makes it start, and it then often runs for several days before playing up again. I am guessing that it's not a faulty flow switch because it's unlikely both would be faulty at the same time. It seems like symptoms of worn brushes, but I wouldn't expect this from a two year old pump that has had only moderate use. I can't see how to access the motor to check the brushes.

Any ideas what the problem could be, apart from the brushes? Is it possible to replace the brushes if necessary, and how do I get access to them? Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Limescale?! the flexible hose connectors usually have small pieces of mesh on the ends that get clogged with lumps of limescale. Try turning off the water, removing the hoses and cleaning. Also, I've cleaned limescale from inside a pump before by disconnecting it and pouring some limescale remover through it, rinsed through and it was like brand new. Worth a try. Installed a water softener recently, and all my limescale problems have magically gone away :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back