NEGATIVE HEAD PUMP -- HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A plumber has diagnosed my Watermill automatic shower pump as faulty (he said solenoid packed up) but wants to fit as a replacement a negative head pump. I have a loft conversion and the tank is sitting about a metre and a half or so above the Watermill pump. The shower is basically at the same level as the tank. Problem with the Watermill: water is coming out of the showerhead in 'pulses' and the temperature of the water goes from warm to scalding without warning!

My questions are, do I need a negative head pump (they seem pricey) and are they as easy to install as the Watermill type (which I did myself a couple of years ago) - do they have the same connectors etc?

Cheers for any help, Mandy

Sponsored Links
Mandy67 said:
do I need a negative head pump
It certainly sounds like you do, because most positive head pumps need a minimum of around 0.5m, measuring between the base of the cistern and the shower head (i.e the bit the water sprays out of).

(they seem pricey)
They are.

and are they as easy to install as the Watermill type (which I did myself a couple of years ago)
Yes.

do they have the same connectors etc?
Dunno, but altering the connection isn't such a big deal, is it?

£300........retail- from Techflow pumps in Burgess Hill East Sussex ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back