URGENT HELP - Grunfos water pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

i have a Grundfos Watermill Niagara 2.0 Bar Twin Impeller Positive Head Shower Pump, i installed this today as my old aqualisa 2te pump was broken,

im having some issues that i cant figure out. There is no hotwater coming out from the showerpump.

all that comes out of the main showerhead is cold water and when i turn the mixer valve to hot the water is still cold. i went to check the pump again and both inlet and outlet of the pump i can feel the pipe and its hot water but i dont understand why it is not hot at the showerhead.

the water temp if set at 50 deg and all was fine with the aqualisa before. i have even tried swapping the ends of the pump to see if it makes any difference.

so confused... can anyone help ?

Sponsored Links
It could be an airlock in the hot water pipe. Also, many shower valves have mesh filters on the inlets, which might be blocked with crud. Can you undo the valve and check?

dont think it will be blocked as its a new pump and i have installed the mesh to the inlet of the pump and all flows fine to the outlet of the pump.

could there be so much air that not even a little hot water coming out ?..

how so i bleed the air out from the system ? im not too sure what im looking for.

can i just not run the hot water out until the tank emptys to get rid of air ?

Sponsored Links
dont think it will be blocked as its a new pump

Changing the pump may have dislodged crud which could very well be stuck in the strainer on the shower valve. I don't know in what way your old pump failed, if it broke apart internally then the crud could be bits of pump.

how so i bleed the air out from the system

In the first instance, take the shower hose off the valve, turn it to maximum hot, and get the pump going.

Is the hot water flowing from your other outlets ok?

yep, other outlets have hot water coming out fine.. just the powershower no hot water .

its strange as the pump inlet pipe and outlet pipe i can feel it hot. but when the powershower is turned on only cold water comes out... where does all that hot water go when i can feel the inlet and outlet hot water.

Is there a valve you can close on the cold supply to the shower, so you can work solely on the hot side?

yes, i will turn off the cold water valve on the pump and the water supply to the tank and try this.

yes, i will turn off the cold water valve on the pump and the water supply to the tank and try this.

Which tank do you mean? Both the mains supply to the cold cistern, and the cold feed from here to the hot water cylinder, need to be open for the hot water to function properly.

if it's an aqualisa thermostatic valve check the hot and cold are connected correctly to shower valve not crossed over when pump was changed.

fixed it.... must have been an airlock..

i drained the hot water from the tank completely and then hot water started pumping from the powershower...

woohoo....... no more dribble dribble water for shower now.

i can now have a decent shower. :)

thanks guys!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back