URGENT HELP - Grunfos water pump

nope aint fixed it.... still sometimes not getting hotwater from the power shower pump. i think i need to bleed the hot water cylinder but im not too sure what im looking for.

i have added picts for you guys to see.

06042009079.jpg

06042009080.jpg

06042009081.jpg

06042009082.jpg

is this the bleed valve ?

06042009083.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can we have some of the shower pump too?

Where do the two grey pipes go to, the ones below / behind the heating pump?

Do you have a header tank for your heating, or a filling loop and pressure gauge?

The shower pump is in the loft with the cold water tank.

so the cylinder water goes up from the cylinder up to the loft in to the pump and then the pump back to the shower.

" header tank for your heating, or a filling loop and pressure gauge? "

hhhmmm not a clue.. :(

OK....

How many tanks do you have in the loft?

How far below the base of the cold water cistern is the shower pump?

Sponsored Links
OK....

How many tanks do you have in the loft?

How far below the base of the cold water cistern is the shower pump?

i have only the cold water tank in the loft.

i went back up to the loft today as one of my friends say maybe the cold water is turned on too much that goes into the shower pump, too much pressure to the pump. As the cold water tank has a tap i turned this to hlaf open, but this still didnt work.

If i close it fully i get hot water from the power shower but once i turn on the cold water from the tank no more hot water.

would it be a airlock or something in the hotwater cylinder ? how do i bleed this as i can see anywhere to do this.

any ideas ?

whats this thing?

06042009083.jpg

How is the hot water for the shower pump connected? Is there a separate connection from the cylinder. It could be dragging in air if it's not right.

i assume its the connection at the top of the water cylinder as this pipe goes up in to the loft.

Do you mean that the hot feed for the pump is taken from the hot water cylinder vent pipe?

i think so as there is only 1 pipe from the cylinder that goes up in to the loft

If it's been tee'd off the vent pipe in the loft it will probably draw in air like crazy.

The pump needs its own feed from the hot water tank, or preferably relocating to the airing cupboard.

aahhhh i give up.. think i need to get a plumber or something..

heres a quick diagram of how it is setup.

Bedroom bathroom

powershower.jpg

why did you change the pump what was the fault
what shower valve is it (make and model)
is it thermostatic or manual

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back