Negative head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a power shower that used a Watermill 2bar pump. The supply for cold comes from tank in the roof space. The supply for the hot comes off the 22mm running down beside the hot cylinder. The last guy did not put a flange on as the cylinder has only got a 22mm male thread brazed on top and as the cylinder was not new he didnt take a chance drilling the side. The supply for the shower runs back into the roof space at roughly the same height as the water in the cold tank. Somehow he managed to get a flow otherwise the pump would not have kicked in, or could he have primed the system in some way? Anyway there is no flow now, the pump just fitted wont kick in. (Techflow) Now this system worked for three years before I got the call because the pump was not working. Would you suggest a negative head pump? And can anyone tell me how he got the shower to work in the first place. Cheers! PS the shower valve is a Bristan Prism.

Sponsored Links
all pump require different installs.
sounds like you don't have enough distance from cws to pump if its in the loft.
what flow l/pm are you getting from shower on gravity.may not be enough to kick pump in.
you could raise the cws

No flow from pump on hot and cold supply to shower. Pump is primed but that's it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back