Grundig Freesat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Grundig Freesat box which is behaving strangely. If I do a first time installation it scans & shows 100% signal strength, then searches for all the channels available & lists them as normal. But once it has finished scanning the major channels 1 to 5 etc.are fine but some channels, more 4, more 4+1, Yesterday etc. show "no signal" or appear to have poor reception ( picture & sound freezing). Checked cables to unit & appear to be OK swopped lead at LNB to a spare way, but I would have thought initial 100% scan signal would mean it is OK. Suspect box is goosed but thought I would ask first before investing in another one. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've hit this issue with a Grundig Freesat box. The signal search is a bit naughty- it varies depending on which channel is selected on the box when you search. Here's the help I received when launching the same query (no idea why I thought it was a Bush box). Mine is probably 20 years old....Link to thread

I've hit this issue with a Grundig Freesat box. The signal search is a bit naughty- it varies depending on which channel is selected on the box when you search. Here's the help I received when launching the same query (no idea why I thought it was a Bush box). Mine is probably 20 years old....Link to thread
Thanks for the link, but it appears you did not resolve the problem. How did you check the signal strength for different channels mine does not appear to have that facility. Also I should have said this only happens on the box we have in bedroom, main room one is OK, so again I suspect the box rather than the dish or LNB.
Did you get a different receiver in the end & did that cure the problem

Thanks for the link, but it appears you did not resolve the problem. How did you check the signal strength for different channels mine does not appear to have that facility. Also I should have said this only happens on the box we have in bedroom, main room one is OK, so again I suspect the box rather than the dish or LNB.
Did you get a different receiver in the end & did that cure the problem
I lost interest and moved on to be honest- herself streams stuff on her iPad, I just have the radio on.
The signal strength bit- far as I remember (after doing the setup bit) you'd select a channel from the EPG then hit menu, information on the remote & that gave signal strength.
Might have another go with it one day (not today though, got holes to dig :) )

Sponsored Links
Update: Was indeed the box, bought replacement & everything is now fine. Other benefit is it receives all HD channels that old one did not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back