GU 40/92 Gearbox door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking fo a GU 40/92 Gearbox

lock has a GU marking on the front and 40/92 on the side.

IMG_2909.jpg
IMG_2905.jpg
IMG_2910.jpg

Sponsored Links
The 40 signifies the 'backset, the face of the lock back to the centre line of the cut out for the barrel, 92 is the 'PZ', the distance between centre lines of the handle spindle and the circular portion of the barrel cut out.

Searching for 40mm backset GU gearbox may yield better results, you may have to upgrade it to a MK2, the GU was notorious for failures

do you have alink or picture of the MK2?

also if i upgrade to the MK2 would i need new small hooks/tongues.

thanks

No I don't, just do a search and you'll see plenty of results, you'll even see pictures of the newer mk2 GU gearbox, you shouldn't need to replace the hooks as the GU gearbox can be separated from the main strip by removing 2 or 3 little torx screws

Sponsored Links
Will the Mk2 style GU gearboxes fit as straight replacements for the old style ones?

I need to replace a broken 40/92 old style gearbox. It seems the old style ones are now only available in a 30mm or 35mm backset but I definitely need 40mm.

If possible I want to keep the other existing bits (strip etc.) and I want to avoid having to rout the wooden door.

Any suggestions on suppliers welcome too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back