GU10 Spots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it that every time a GU10 bulb blows, it trips the entire light system?
Who came up with these stupid things anyway? :evil:

Sponsored Links
Not just GU10s - any bulb can do that.

Fused bulbs can help, as can swapping the MCB for a Type C.

GU 10 are crap anyway, but this is unlikely to be the only lamp to take the trip out. Use branded lamps, generally last longer

Here I am, wearing my Osram hat again......

You need lamps with Ballotini fuses so that they will blow instead of the circuit protective device.

Oh, and if you have a dimmer, you def need fused lamps, cos GU10's are good at toasting dimmers when they pop.

MK used to have fuses in their dimmers, but no more, so be warned.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Here I am, wearing my Osram hat again......

You need lamps with Ballotini fuses so that they will blow instead of the circuit protective device.

Oh, and if you have a dimmer, you def need fused lamps, cos GU10's are good at toasting dimmers when they pop.

MK used to have fuses in their dimmers, but no more, so be warned.

Good advice from Simon, the only flaw is that GU10's do not contain Ballotoni fuses unfortunately, however his comments about Osram are valid, these are the best lamps you buy.

I would also consider getting the lighting circuit looked at, a properly designed and installed circuit should not usually suffer this problem, they can, but rarely.

Another thread where I've found a notification of a post which has since been removed.

Now forgive me if I'm being dim, or insensitive, but I can't see anything here which could have caused someone to react with an "inappropriate" post - ¿que pasa?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back