Guitar Pedalboard - need help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm new to this forum - and I'm also new to DIY. However, have just managed to cut up/put together pieces of MDF using wood glue to create a board for my guitar pedals to stick to (using carpet as a base, with velcro on the backs of the pedals).

hpim0660wd0.jpg

This is all fine, but my problem lies with the power supply on the board. It's roughly 20cm long, 5cm high and wide. It has small legs on the base, so I can't put velcro on it like I have done to the rest of the pedals.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I could do here to fix my power supply to the MDF securely?

This is probably a really easy question, but I have no clue :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading :cool:

Sponsored Links
Close-up pictures of the power supply might help here.

The short legs may be needed to maintain an air gap under the power supply, so that it doesn't overheat any surface it's placed on.

How about four 8mm holes, two either side of the power unit, and strap it down with cable ties?

The power unit may fit under the board, fixed in the same way, if you have the room and enough space for ventilation.

Sponsored Links
Just take the feet off, they'll only be screwed in (in which case unscrew them) or glued on (in which case just lever them off).

Power supplies on boards look good underneath the board, you can then drill holes in the board and feed the cables up to the pedals without looking unsightly.

And dude, you gotta lose that Zoom pedal!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back