Gulley grid replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there..

I know this may seem a pretty basic question.. but.......

I am replacing my gulley grid. 2 pipes go into my current drain, a 40mm one and a bigger one (technical I know..). Ive found that the water coming out of the pipe spills over the grid and runs along the wall of the house which over time has caused damp... Im rectifying this as we speak, but, would like to replace the gulley grid and have both pipes pass through the grid to make sure all the water goes into the drain. Is there a grid with 2 cuts available out there as I cant find one, or is there a junction joint type this which I could fit both pipes into to have a single outlet running through the grid - if that makes sense.

Ive attached a picture which hopefully shows what we have now and helps my explanation of what I want to achieve..

Thanks
Dougie

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    519.2 KB · Views: 631
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply newboy... its the actual grid itself that I would like to replace so that I can pass the pipes through the grid itself.

Dougie212, good evening.

Looks as if there is a rain water down pipe + a Waste from a sink or such like??

It the "over spill" down to the pipes being terminated too far above the gully, or is it that the discharging water is backing up within the underground drain system??

Ken

Sponsored Links
Hi Ken..
No, whats happening - and I only know since watching my wife drain a bath this afternoon - is that the water is coming down the rain water pipe (the bathroom sink and bath link pour out into a collection box type thing further up the pipe) and hitting the grid... in turn the majority of it is splashing down the back and side of the gulley and pooling along the wall of the house. Ive only recently discovered it was happening after having the damp for ages, and lifted the concrete to move the earth away from the house wall and it was soaking wet... then.. today, thanks to a very bubbly bath discovered the source of the problem. I want to neaten it up so hoped there may be a junction which i could feed both pipes into and send one through the grid, but if needs be, I'll have to cut 2 holes in a new grid and send them both through.

Dougie212, good evening again.

What may assist if you are going to remove and replace the present gully are as below.

The Idea is that you can carefully cut out the Pre-Formed circles so you with some cutting and adaptation of the existing above ground pipes these two pipes can pass right through the gully cover.

Just one consideration? the added images below may??? assist??

Try -- polypipe.com who supply the following.

upload_2018-6-24_21-40-55.png

upload_2018-6-24_21-41-13.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back