Gunk gun nozzles

I

imamartian

anyone got any tips on how to stop these nozzles from clogging up, especially so next time i want to use my frame sealer/no nails/caulk, i don't have scrape out dried stuff, or change the nozzle altogether.

I've tried clingfilm which didn't work.

Sponsored Links
I put a screw in the end of the nozzle but this only works for a limited time.

I tend to use a 4 inch nail as this way it penetrates quite far down leaving a decent sized clear channel when removed, Of course when you come to use it again sometimes the rest has hardened so you are try to squeeze it al through a nail sized channel but i have found it better than most other things.

Cling film loosely at the end, elastice band around it and then squeze some gunk into the clingfilm. you must get all air out.

Or you can purchase these

twist-n-seal-glue-stoppers.jpg

http://toolmonger.com/2009/07/page/4/

Sponsored Links
thanks for the ideas people.

(especially like that website CHM!!)

anyway, forgive me being a bit stupid, but does that plastic thing go in the nozzle, or in the tube? and do you reattatch the nozzle on to the tube with it in?

I unscrew the nozzle, put a piece on polythene [carrier bag is ideal] over the end and screw on the nozzle, this keeps the contents of the tube fresh, no point trying to keep the contents of the nozzle, just fit a new one each time I use it, leave old nozzles to harden in the garage and then the contents can be pushed out so I have plenty of spares.If you are using several tubes at a time then use the one nozzles which gives you further spares.

I'm experimenting with some silicone grease on the threads at the moment. I don't have any results yet but as we're only looking for a vapour barrier thought grease would be best so gave it a shot.

I'm experimenting with some silicone grease on the threads at the moment. I don't have any results yet but as we're only looking for a vapour barrier thought grease would be best so gave it a shot.
Have yoy got the right thread? :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back