Sealant nozzles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got any good tips on how I can reuse sealant nozzles? I'm fed up starting a new tube and then when you go to use it again the nozzle is bunged up. I've tried putting screws etc in the end.
Any good ideas?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Personally i would just use a new nozzle each time,but in the past i have just let the silicone(assuming you're on about this)cure in the nozzle and then poke it out with a nail at a later date.Ive never had that much of a problem when ive used you're method of putting a screw in the end,maybe just a little excess to clean off before use.
Some adhesives such as sticks like sh*t come with a replacable nozzle cap,maybe you could adapt something to cover your end:cool: (blue peter styleeeee)

silicone is difficult

it may help to put a bit of clingfilm in the snout then put the cap on

with water-based stuff like "NotNails" you get a good result by cleaning the nozzle well, then filling the cap with water and screwing the nozzle down onto it. the water keeps it soft and prevents it drying out for a decent time.

you may want to try releasing the handle and pulling the rod bit back. when you last used it, it will still be putting pressure on the main tube, forcing more stuff out which then sets, thenas its sticking out it sets down inside the nozzle

Sponsored Links
Im not sure if you can buy them seperately or not.Im quite fortunate where we have mountains of these lying around at work,hence the new nozzle everytime......SOME GUYS HAVE ALL THE LUCK :LOL:

if I'm using gun applied stuff, i always re-use the existing nozzle when i change tubes (otherwise you waste the contents of the nozzle :) ) and that way you end up with some spares.

Nozzles that have a closed tip that you cut of seal best (if you have not cut then yet) but a bit of clingfilm on the snout of the tube as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back