How To Stop Silicone Nozzles Drying Up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tend to do lots of small jobs with silicone, and the silicone is always drying up in the nozzle attached to the tube in between each use.

Some nozzles have screw on caps, but these sometimes don't seal or get lost. Others don't even have caps, so I end up trying to fix a bit of carrier bag on the end with a laccie band. Not always successful.

I tend to end up with lots of half used tubes, but no nozzles to go on them.

Is there a solution, can you buy nozzles with good caps? Failing this, can you buy packets of nozzles, so you can throw them away each time they are used?

Apologies for the trivial nature of this post, I realise I may need to get a life! :oops:

Sponsored Links
Just get yourself a load of spare nozzles, a silicone tube would have to be sat round for a long time for the entire nozzle of silicone to set. Simply pop a new nozzle on when you're ready to use it.

why not just insert a screw into the nozzle, thats all i have done for years and its only the odd 1 i have problems with

Sponsored Links
Even they do set, you can usually take nozzle off & push it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back