Sticks like 5hit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any useful tips as to how I can prevent sticks liks sh** from going off in the nozzle and the outlet of the tube?

I bought a tube of the stuff for a small job a few weeks back and tried to reuse it yesterday.... Spent half an hour clearing the nozzle with a long screw and some pliers just so I could get any of the stuff out!

The nozzle does come with a cap but that didn't work.
Which is why I'm after a way of being able to use the product more than once.

It's good stuff but the fact that is sets in the nozzle almost makes it a one use product.

Sponsored Links
I normally put a long screw into the nozzle, I never got the cap to stay on. That said some products just gum up. A pack of nozzles is very cheap and saves a lot if time.

Adhesive will start to go off as soon as it meets the air, in a tube it will eventually harden so you have to accept it has a short life once opened.
I always keep spare nozzles and fit new at every use, allowing content to set in old nozzles and then removing to re-use.

Adhesive will start to go off as soon as it meets the air, in a tube it will eventually harden so you have to accept it has a short life once opened.
I always keep spare nozzles and fit new at every use, allowing content to set in old nozzles and then removing to re-use.

I've always though about doing this but where do you get spare nozzles from?

I can never seem to find them at screwfix/toolstation and the like

Sponsored Links
Just use from empty tubes, if I'm using several tubes then I use a single nozzle keeping the others for spare and also keep used nozzles once tube is discarded, left a few week the contents harden and can be removed.

Evostick/Bostic Sticks like sh*t comes with a scew on cap and I've found it keeps the nozzel fairly free flowing between use. You must be using a cheaper brand or something?...pinenot :)

Evostick/Bostic Sticks like sh*t comes with a scew on cap and I've found it keeps the nozzel fairly free flowing between use. You must be using a cheaper brand or something?...pinenot :)
He may have stock close to or out of date. :?:

Ah yes, the old box full of half used adhesives and mastics that might come in handy one day but never does. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back