Gurgling boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Everytime my boiler comes on I can hear a lot of gurgling, sounds like the tank is heating up, it only lasts about 5 mins, but it wakes me up in the morning..my plumber told me to let some air out of a valve next to the immersion tank, but that hasn't worked...anyone else have any tips

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a similar problem to this. I have a back boiler (Baxi) Installed by a right cowboy by the way. When it comes on Hot Water (as opposed to Central Heating) there is a lot of gurgling of water and what sounds like the water boiling up through the pipes int o the loft where the cylinder and expansion tank is located. It sounds pretty bad ! Has anyone got any ideas, many thanks

Sponsored Links
Geoffwh. your boiler stat has gone and needs changing straight away.

Thanks namsag, are you sure its the boiler stat. After a couple of minutes it settles down and works fine without any noise, it's just the first minute or two when it comes on from the timeer. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back