Gurgling Pipe Work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fairly recently renovated my central heating system.

However i have gurgling coming from 1 panel radiator being fed from 10mm microbore, and what i think is rather a lot of air being bled from 2 towel rads, and a long vertical column rad upstairs.

The boiler is upstairs and feeds the, upstairs rads first then drops 10mm microbore down to the radiators below.

each 10mm microbore is fed from 22mm flow and return pipes.

the connections into the rads are 10mm mb with reducing olives.

I also dont think i have balanced the system very well either, and this is a job on one of my list.

I dont think the system is producing hydrogen, as i have tried the lighter trick at the bleed valve.

I dont have any water leeks in the system that i am aware of. only a little bit of discoloration, (rusty color) around the radiator inserts.

I thought air might be getting sucked into they system so i squeezed some lsx leak sealer around the rad valves, and screw threads.

But the system still gurgles.

Any suggestions?

Cheers A.

Sponsored Links
Is your system open vented(exp tank in loft)? If so then it maybe pulling air in down the open vent or through a micro leak.A pic of the setup in the airing cupboard would help.It maybe a blockage near the cold feed/vent connection just before the pump.Need more info really.

Sponsored Links
Hi its an ariston combi boiler.

Unfortunately cant remember the model no.

i have a feeling its a combi A MFFI.

I remember reading about an air release valve near the pump? any chance that might be sucking in the air.

cheers
for the help A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back