Gurgling Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know next to little about plumbing, I just wanted to check this before I call someone in.

A few days ago I poured some bleach down the toilet (it smelt a bit funny) after I did this I noticed the pipes underneath the bathroom started gurgling and so did the sewage line leading out of the property (flat within a terraced house).

The gurgling then stops after a few hours. I tested this again and each time I put some bleach down the toilet and again the pipes underneath the bathroom leading down started gurgling (but not the pipes outside) and continued to do this few a few hours.

I'm just wondering why pouring bleach down the toilet caused the gurgling and was it just shifting around a blockage that is still there?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Is there a manhole outside?

If you put water down the shower it should get to the manhole before you do. If it doesn’t there’s linely a blockage up from the manhole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back