Gurkha sent back to UK after beheading dead Taliban fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
With reference to the original question posed, just the Daily Fail Sabre rattling at it's finest.
Most of the Media now is hell bent on pointing out the the lack of fairness of a system (good luck to them with MP's ).
Blind people with a dog are being thrown off buses because muslims object to the guide dog, (Sunday Times but it's now a pay site so won't post link)

Most people like to abide by the British system of fair play which the general population still think works, however it will not take much to reach a tipping point.
With the austerity measures being announced soon I wonder what that tipping point will be?
Perhaps our very own Kristallnacht I hope not.
I can see that happening sooner or later. Especially since the only two areas to be protected from spending cuts are the NHS (quite rightly) and British aid to Afghanistan which, to add insult to injury, the government intend to increase by 40% :evil:

Sponsored Links
In answer to the OP.......This is my opinion.

This man was sent home...????? WHY ????? :evil:
He was 'allegedly' told to gain evidence of the death of the commander.

Take a hair sample ???......No.....Not proof of death.
Cut a finger off with identifiable gold ring ???......Nope.....Not proof of death.

What did anyone expect this man to do??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Bearing in mind this is in the height of battle, with bullets flying past your f*ckin earholes....?????
When did this particular enemy ever respect the 'no cutting heads off rule'.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This man should receive a commendation for bravery and INITIATIVE in the face of battle.........YES i'm being serious.

My views have always been clear on the subject of muslim fundamentalist lunatics, in my country and overseas........And I make no apology for it.

I can see that happening sooner or later. Especially since the only two areas to be protected from spending cuts are the NHS (quite rightly) and British aid to Afghanistan which, to add insult to injury, the government intend to increase by 40% :evil:
I remember at the start of the conflict watching Stephen Fry on Parkinson discussing the issue. He suggested that instead of doing the obvious retaliatory thing with bullets and bombs, it may well have been wiser to defeat the enemy by using the element of surprise - in particular by dropping food, clothes and medicines into the region. I can't help but think that he was right.

So, now that we are finally withdrawing over the next 4 or 5 years, it is imperative that the people over there have no reason to want to attack us and will do everything in their power to suppress extremist views. It seems obvious that one way to do this is with the carrot, since the stick has had limited (and arguably the opposite) effect.

Haven't we been giving these people those things for years with little or no effect on how they view us?
Indeed, I believe that increasing our aid to them will just make them think that we're even bigger wan*ers than they do now :evil:

Sponsored Links
I have removed any of my posts that could be considered to be an insult to anyone watching/reading who happens to have a real and committed belief in the Islamic faith and would not wish to be tarred by the same brush as a couple of not very bright extremists who are incapable of putting forward a rational argument and simply hurl puerile and insignificant abuse, and attempt to insight violence.

Allah may well be great, but a couple of his "followers" on here aren't :rolleyes:
self censorship..that's a novelty

mind you, it might remind you that in future its better to think before you post... ;)

How can we say we are coming home in 4 years? How do we know what the political situation will be? If it's worse then than it is now - are we still coming back? If so - what are we waiting for? might as well come back now. Whichever way you look at it we lost and all the lives lost were lost for nothing. What a complete c*ck-up.

Haven't we been giving these people those things for years with little or no effect on how they view us?
No

Indeed, I believe that increasing our aid to them will just make them think that we're even bigger wan*ers than they do now :evil:
Hearts and minds. Hold your friends close and your enemies closer.

Bullets have done eff all to appease the hatred that these hold for us. If they were happy to leave us alone, then fair enough we could no nothing. Trouble is, they don't. We have invaded them in the past (19th century) and left them worse off with a load of bad blood. We did little to help them when the USSR went wading in - we barely raised an eyebrow. Now we go wading in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back