Gutter drain lines

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't sure which forum was best for underground drainage questions.

Here's the situation; I'm trying to understand how I can best improve the drainage situation of down spouts in my back garden.

Right now, the whole situation is rubbish.

TChn8t2.jpg

First up, the garage gutter drain pipe. Runs into a pipe for a couple of meters into nothing. The pipe is practically at the surface height of the desired lawn. No good.

j1XfS1N.jpg

Second up, the rear extension down spout. Travels a few meters into what seems to be an old soakaway (full of rubble and bricks....and also clay). There's no void here for water at all and the clay absolutely ensures it can't go anywhere.

otWWVir.jpg

The worst part is there's a junction (I guess there used to be a pipe in the past). What happens is the pipe will fill up with water, which then just flows back on itself.

I'm thinking of digging a proper soakaway using plastic crates at the back of the garden and then feeding both downspouts into it. Sound like a wise idea?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back