Gutter regs on a semi detached

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I live in a semi detatched house. My adjoining neighbour has recently extended their house and their new wall now comes up to my conservatory wall, which is fine. However, since this wall has gone up, my conservatory wall has become wet inside and out. Their gutter overhangs mine, as opposed to having its own downpipe. It doesn't connect to my gutter, it's just a higher level so empties over it into mine and I feel that this may be causing the problem, as the water splashes down the wall. Is there any ruling that controls guttering at all? Or any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Dave

Sponsored Links
Gutters overhanging a boundary is a common law trespass, and there are no regulations.

The neighbour has no right to direct his rainwater run-off on to your property or in to your gutter

If your damp walls is caused by him, then you can ask him to alter it, or pursue a boundary dispute. A better way, may be to make Statutory Nuisance claim via your council, and if it can be demonstrated, then the neighbour will have 21 days to sort it out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back