Gutter Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gutter that has come adrift from the support bracket. It looks straightforward to push it back into the bracket (so long at the bracket is not broken) but I have a problem accessing the gutter. It is over a lower level sloping roof. It would be easy to step out of an adjacent window but can the roof take my weight?
Can't use a roof ladder as there is no apex to hook it onto.

Sponsored Links
The collapse isn't the problem. If the tile or slate slips with you standing on it - you end up in a heap on the floor.

OK - so how does one safely access the guttering?

OK - so how does one safely access the guttering?

i do sympathize with you as some hip roof designs, or dormer roof designs have short lengths of inaccessible gutter runs.

once the scaffold has been removed for good, then only an acrobat could get near 'em. :LOL:

sometimes a cat ladder dangled from the ridge is the only way, or a two man ladder operation.

good luck. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that - will have to rope in a buddy to help with a two man ladder approach. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back