Gutter Support no fascia boards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our roof is an old overhanging job without fascia boards: they're horizontal if you see what I mean? :?: Not sure what the proper name is... So there is no fascia board to screw a standard gutter support in to.

Instead the round gutter is supported by a metal bar: a horizontal bar screwed into the roof with a U-support at the end to hold the gutter.

Again, not sure what the name of this type of support is but I can't find any replacements anywhere! :mad:

Any suggestions much appreciated as a joint is sagging and I want to push it up a bit to stop it overflowing in heavy rain...

Cheers!
:)

Edit: oh yeah, and I've only got the ladder till Tuesday!!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Im also not sure what these are called, but everyone ive seen, including the ones on my house, are adjustable. the ones ive seen have a two bolt and thread setup, if its sagging id like to bet the Motar has crumbled around the bar... you might get away with fitting some kind of plastic wedge under the bar to lift it back into place...

top fix rafter bracket?

RB513LARGE.gif

Sponsored Links
Im also not sure what these are called, but everyone ive seen, including the ones on my house, are adjustable. the ones ive seen have a two bolt and thread setup, if its sagging id like to bet the Motar has crumbled around the bar... you might get away with fitting some kind of plastic wedge under the bar to lift it back into place...

Its part of the gutter between two of the supports that's sagging - I was going to try and fit an extra one. I guess it depends if I can screw it in? If it need bolts I may be stuffed since I don't know what the access is like.

hmmm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back