Guttering and roller shutter "forward" of principle elevation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

We're about to get a flat roof side extension (garage to the front and kitchen to the rear). The extension block/brickwork sits flush with the front elevation of the house. In order to maximise drive through width, I'm toying with the idea of fitting the garage roller shutter externally (300mm box).

My question is, does guttering, fascia's and externally mounted roller shutters count as construction "forward of the principle elevation"?

If it helps, the frontage has a bay window and a projecting roof over the front door, like this house with the silver car on the driveway:-

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.853...4!1sEEhFGQx_a7G1rlO1rYZMhw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Sponsored Links
Minor projections such as the gutter, fascia, security grilles, shutter boxes etc are not counted; it is the wall itself which must not go forward of the principal elevation.

Sponsored Links
Yea go for it screw the neighbours and the rest of the street, I'm alright Jack!

I think in neutral colours that match the guttering/soffits they can look ok. this is what I was thinking:-

dbKLVjv.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back