United Kingdom
I have a wireless alarm gw ,just like the gsm . I have it all fitted
But when it alarms it doesn't call out, or if it does its one time
In every 10 activations. I have had replacement leads sent out but they
Don't work, it only works if the alarm is set off and I pick up
The phone just after, I can here it dialing out . I have also
removed the phone but still no joy. Can any one advise please

Sponsored Links
Another reason why a panel wont call out that I have also encountered is . .

If you have to ring 9 to get an outside line forgetting to add the 9 to the front of the number programmed in.

Sponsored Links

If you have to ring 9 to get an outside line forgetting to add the 9 to the front of the number programmed in.
Possibly the most unlikely reason, especially if you are in a private house, more likely if you are living in an office though :confused: :!: :D

I'd go with the first suggestion.

It might be the dialler is seizing the line and then starting to dial before the exchange is ready to accept dialling.

It is recommended to wait at least a quarter of a second between picking up the phone ( seizing the line ) and dialing the first digit. On some cable services the necessary delay before dialling can be even longer.

Diallers should wait for dial tone before dialling but not all do this.

This delay before dialling may be adjustable in the programing of the dialler. Alternatively if the dialler has the ability to insert pauses in the number to be dialled then add a couple of pauses before the number.

Possibly the most unlikely reason, especially if you are in a private house, more likely if you are living in an office though :confused: :!: :D

I'd go with the first suggestion.

Strangely it is something I have actually encountered in private homes as obviously I don't do commercial premises. Maybe they nicked a phone from work or just bought the wrong phone?? :unsure:

Strangely it is something I have actually encountered in private homes as obviously I don't do commercial premises. Maybe they nicked a phone from work or just bought the wrong phone?? :unsure:
Very strange indeed, if they nicked a phone from work then the first digit dialled is used by the PABX ( private automatic branch exchange ) to decide how to progress the call. 9 then route to an outside line connector set. That selection is not inside the phone.

As far as I know no phones that have direct access to more than one line ( no local exchange ) use a digit 9 to determine inside the phone which line ( internal or external ) the following call is to be routed to. They would have dedicated line select buttons for that function.

Very strange indeed, if they nicked a phone from work then the first digit dialled is used by the PABX ( private automatic branch exchange ) to decide how to progress the call. 9 then route to an outside line connector set. That selection is not inside the phone.

As far as I know no phones that have direct access to more than one line ( no local exchange ) use a digit 9 to determine inside the phone which line ( internal or external ) the following call is to be routed to. They would have dedicated line select buttons for that function.

Strange but true. It flummoxed me for a while until the homeowner told me you had to ring a 9 first to get an outside line. Maybe he worked from home and had made it his place of business and had the necessary networks installed.

Answered in posts #2 & #3

A VERY common problem, usually happens when Broadband is fitted TO an alarm line, then of course it's the alarm firms fault - NOT.

Filter has to be fitted to the alarm equipment, in a secure way, normally inside the box containing the signalling device.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back