Yale alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a yale hsa 3500 alarm , it plugs into the phone socket and dials a phone number when the alarm is triggered.
When I plug it into the phone socket it renders all of my phones dead after about 5 seconds. There is no dialling tone , I unplug the alarm and the dialling tone comes back instantly.
I have been in touch with Yale but they have no idea .
Its not the REN rating as I have tried it with phones in every socket and its fine.
What could be causing the alarm to short out the phone lines ?
It used to work and dial out but has now stopped , the rest of the alarm works fine .

Sponsored Links
its broken

i guess you have had a surge up the line and it has broken the modem. need a new one.

Thanks , so its not fixable then ?

I have seen the new control panel on ebay for £70 but was hoping it may be something easy to fix

Thanks anyway , save me fiddling with it .

modem may be separate, but i doubt it.

why not get a proper alarm?

Sponsored Links
your choice.

yale are best known for their locks. Most yale alarms i have seen / heard of are radio.

radio alarms are , well do a search, its not that hard.

getting back to what, as i said your choice, RF Lighting will tell you Texecom, i will say something else, but we will both say , not Yale

I'll have a search round then , the Yale alarm seems to be fine though , apart from this I have had no problems, the doors are opened and the alarm goes off , simple ! Its all wireless ,so its easy to install , extras are cheap enough . I'm not too worried about the dialling out , although it would be nice to use all features of a product , so I fail to see why its such a bad option and why you say to get a " proper alarm " .
Anyway I will search for radio alarms and see what your point is as you don't really clarify what the other option is , radio or ....?

Whats with the attitude mate ??????

If you explain yourself clearly there wouldn't be any misunderstanding . Or at least give me some links to sites to back up what you're saying , telling me to look on google but not saying what to look for isn't much use .

I thought this forum was supposed to give help and advice to people . If you want to give me advice then I will gladly take it and appreciate it , if you want to prove you know more than me, go for it , I'm not worried about asking for help if I don't know something .
I really can't see the point of putting :rolleyes: :rolleyes: in replies , you know about alarms , I don't . Thats why I asked the question .

Anyway thank you for your first reply it was helpful , the others weren't needed .

i do not have an attitude, also i am not your "mate, pal, or chum ,(the last two also happen to be brands of dog food)

I also never suggested you try google did i? (no really, i didnt)

i will not suggest any particular brand because i dont have a favorite brand, but i know RF lighting does (Texecom)

you left me no choice with your comment radio or?

there are currently only 2 choices you said radio, i had to say hard wired

I could type a whole list of panel makes but its still up to you at the end of the day

try again using the forum search

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back