Yale Premium B-HSA6400 Calling Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above stated Yale alarm installed and working fine for a while now.

My issue is that when the alarm attempts to call the 3 listed emergency numbers it for some reason cannot call one of the numbers. I have triple checked the number is correct and the alarm system manages to dial other mobile numbers fine so I'm not sure if this is an issue with the alarm system or the mobile in question.

I have tried plugging in a standard phone using the phone line cable the alarm is connected to and dialling the mobile in question and the call goes through fine and calls the mobile, it just seems that alarm cant dial it for some reason.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you could try deleting the number, and re-entering it.

if you listen in on another phone, do you hear all 11 bleeps?

do you then hear dissuasion tone, or nothing, or a message?

you could try deleting the number, and re-entering it.

if you listen in on another phone, do you hear all 11 bleeps?

do you then hear dissuasion tone, or nothing, or a message?

Have tried re entering the number in different slots with no avail

What do you mean by listen in on another phone?

if you have a wired (not cordless) phone, you can lift the handset and hear the dial tone. When another phone dials out, you will hear it making eleven tones (because there are 11 digits in ordinary UK phone numbers) in quick succession, after which it will be connected to the recipient exchange. If you are calling a landline it will start ringing straight away, if a mobile there may be a pause while it locates and connects to the recipient.

If you dial a non-existent number, you may hear a dissuasion tone (long bleep) or a message telling you number not recognised, please try again, or similar.

The mobile you are ringing presumably starts 07, is that right?

+44 may not work on a landline. Mobiles and some cordless phones will convert it to UK format.

Sponsored Links
if you have a wired (not cordless) phone, you can lift the handset and hear the dial tone. When another phone dials out, you will hear it making eleven tones

Some auto diallers require 50 volts on the telephone line before they will pick it up when the voltage on the telephone line will then reduce to about 10 volts. This feature prevents the auto dialler dialling out when the line is already busy. ( Probably not applicable to the Yale auto dialler ).

Plugging a normal phone in to listen for the dialling tones will prevent this type of auto dialler from making a call.

if you have a wired (not cordless) phone, you can lift the handset and hear the dial tone. When another phone dials out, you will hear it making eleven tones (because there are 11 digits in ordinary UK phone numbers) in quick succession, after which it will be connected to the recipient exchange. If you are calling a landline it will start ringing straight away, if a mobile there may be a pause while it locates and connects to the recipient.

If you dial a non-existent number, you may hear a dissuasion tone (long bleep) or a message telling you number not recognised, please try again, or similar.

The mobile you are ringing presumably starts 07, is that right?

+44 may not work on a landline. Mobiles and some cordless phones will convert it to UK format.

It wouldn't be possible for me to do this as the line leads into a managed PBX system.

Yes the number starts with 07, all 3 numbers in the Yale system start with 07 but only one of them fails to call so I dont think it can be an issue between 07/+44

Some auto diallers require 50 volts on the telephone line before they will pick it up when the voltage on the telephone line will then reduce to about 10 volts. This feature prevents the auto dialler dialling out when the line is already busy. ( Probably not applicable to the Yale auto dialler ).

Plugging a normal phone in to listen for the dialling tones will prevent this type of auto dialler from making a call.

I'm not entirely sure how the auto dialler works in the Yale system but I would have thought it would be pretty similar to normal hook dialling on a phone.

the line leads into a managed PBX system.

Do you have to dial 9 for an outside line?

there may be a command for a "pause" between picking up the line and dialling the number. I have never had to do that.

For listening in, you can probably use a phone doubler in the socket.

Some PABXs have non-standard connections in their sockets, and have to use phones designed for PABXs. I came across this once with a Panasonic system. I don't remember more. I can't see why it should affect one number and not others. Do you have a socket that doesn't go through the PABX, e.g. your emergency line for use when PABX fails?

Do you have to dial 9 for an outside line?

there may be a command for a "pause" between picking up the line and dialling the number. I have never had to do that.

Yes, all the numbers entered into the Yale panel start with 9 and then are formatted 07xxxxxxxxx but for some reason this one number which is formatted identically wont dial. If i couldn't call the mobile with a normal phone on the same line then I would think its the mobile/carrier but it works on a normal phone just not the Yale system.

It wouldn't be possible for me to do this as the line leads into a managed PBX system.

Does the PBX require a prefix 9 ( or other digit ) to sieze a line to the exchange ?. If it does then the auto dialler should leave a gap between the prefix and the first digit of the number to be dialled. This will ensure the PBX can assign an exchange line to the autodialler.

If the number that fails is the second or third number dialled then try adding a pause between abandoning an un-answered call and starting the next call. This will (should ) ensure the PBX has cleared and released the exchange line.

EDIT Was typing when you mantioned the prefix

Does the PBX require a prefix 9 ( or other digit ) to sieze a line to the exchange ?. If it does then the auto dialler should leave a gap between the prefix and the first digit of the number to be dialled. This will ensure the PBX can assign an exchange line to the autodialler.

If the number that fails is the second or third number dialled then try adding a pause between abandoning an un-answered call and starting the next call. This will (should ) ensure the PBX has cleared and released the exchange line.

No it just requires the first number to be 9 or 8 depending on which line to route the call. I've tried adding the number that wont work in every possible slot from 1st to last and it wont dial in whichever slot. If I have my number and a different number in the 1st and 2nd slot the Yale system manages to abandon the first call and start the next call without issue unless this rogue number that wont work is there.

Is there any call barring programmed into the PBX ? ( numbers or groups of numbers it is not allowed to dial ).

There are ( or were ) PBX that would terminate a call if a barred sequence appeared any where in the dialled number. 0049 was barred to prevent calls to Gemany, but it also barred calls to 0121 xxx 0049 a number in Birmingham.

For listening in, you can probably use a phone doubler in the socket.

Some PABXs have non-standard connections in their sockets, and have to use phones designed for PABXs. I came across this once with a Panasonic system. I don't remember more. I can't see why it should affect one number and not others. Do you have a socket that doesn't go through the PABX, e.g. your emergency line for use when PABX fails?

Yeah we have two BT sockets for two lines, one of which has a microfilter in for a broadband connection.

try taking the Yale to the direct phone socket.

You will have to turn "Tamper Off" before taking it out of the wall bracket.

I can't see why it should matter, though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back