Yale Premium B-HSA6400 Calling Issue

Yale do have a helpline/email desk. It seems to be erratic, it's worked fine for me but I've heard others say they couldn't get through. I haven't heard of this PABX problem before.

Sponsored Links
John

How does the person who has answered a call fron the Yale confirm to the Yale that the call has been answered by a person. ? Is it a PIN that the person dials ?

If it is a PIN then maybe if the same digit sequence is in the number being dialled then the Yale may react to an echo of that digit sequence and assumne the call has been answered even though the diaiing has not been completed and abandon the call. Echo due to impedance mis-match somewhere between auto dialler and the telephone network. ( not uncommon )

John

How does the person who has answered a call fron the Yale confirm to the Yale that the call has been answered by a person. ? Is it a PIN that the person dials ?

If it is a PIN then maybe if the same digit sequence is in the number being dialled then the Yale may react to an echo of that digit sequence and assumne the call has been answered even though the diaiing has not been completed and abandon the call. Echo due to impedance mis-match somewhere between auto dialler and the telephone network. ( not uncommon )

This is a good point but i know it isnt happening because when i run a test report the Yale system continually waits for the call to be answered and then for the user to press 9. If I do it on a working mobile and press 9 then the screen states 'report complete' and ends the call. However on the mobile that doesnt work this doesnt happen and it just continues

try taking the Yale to the direct phone socket.

You will have to turn "Tamper Off" before taking it out of the wall bracket.

I can't see why it should matter, though.

I will try this but dont see how it would manage to fix it

Sponsored Links
Yale do have a helpline/email desk. It seems to be erratic, it's worked fine for me but I've heard others say they couldn't get through. I haven't heard of this PABX problem before.

Where do I find this? I couldnt find it on their website

Regret I have no knowledge of that PBX.

I would make a high impedance monitor to follow the progress of the call. Various ways to DIY one. The earpiece from a phone in series with a 10,000 Ω resistor and a 0,47 μF capacitor works. Values are not critical other than t capacitor should not be a polarised ( electrolytic ) type.

Regret I have no knowledge of that PBX.

I would make a high impedance monitor to follow the progress of the call. Various ways to DIY one. The earpiece from a phone in series with a 10,000 Ω resistor and a 0,47 μF capacitor works. Values are not critical other than t capacitor should not be a polarised ( electrolytic ) type.

Hmmm might be worth having a go I guess, annoying a lot of trouble for one phone number deciding not to work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back